We are Kathy Moore and Roxanne Wyss, The Electrified Cooks, LLC, and are thrilled to share our love of food and cooking with you. As food consultants, we develop recipes and set the standard for innovative, carefully tested, creative recipes and food information. We specialize in “What’s for dinner?” so we offer a variety of easy recipes and are leading expert in small appliances.
After our Sell Out appearance on QVC featuring our newest book Delicious Dump Cakes many families are joining us on this exciting adventure. You can watch the video here:
Interested in seeing more of us? View some more media appearances here.
We really are Plugged Into Cooking!
As cookbook authors, bloggers, food writers and culinary teachers we share our passion for cooking and family dinners, communicating clear directions and revealing skills and tips sharpened by years of test kitchen experience. Follow us here, on our blog, www.pluggedtocooking.com, and on The Kansas City Star’s Chow Town blog.
We are close friends and have worked together for many years, so now we are eager to share our recipes with you. We are real cooks—we both have to get dinner on the table on crazy busy nights just like you. We also love to build our family traditions and memories by icing the cookies and stirring the gravy. We just happen to have the experience and the expertise to help you fix great, easy dinners for your family.
Take a look at some of the articles and cookbooks we have written and some of the publications in which we have contributed recipes.
Cast Iron Cookware: A Guide To Cooking, The Kansas City Star
One Pan Wonders: Roast quick flavorful dinners in a sheet pan, The Kansas City Star
Meatloaf Recipes Give Classic Comfort Food A Modern Spin The Kansas City Star
Four Authentic Taco Recipes For a Quick Satisfying Family Meal The Kansas City Star
Let the Slow Cooker Add A Sweet Finishing Touch to Your Next Meal The Kansas City Star
Cookbooks; contributing recipes:
Diabetes and Heart Healthy Meals for Two, American Heart Association
Low Salt Cookbook, 4th Edition, American Heart Association
Healthy Family Meals, American Heart Association
Quick and Easy Meals, American Heart Association
Eating for Life, The Kansas City Star (We develop all recipes for Eating For Life, a regular column in The Kansas City Star since its inception in 2003 and a hard back cookbook, released in 2007)
Cookbooks, Recipe Testing and Editing
The Twinkies Cookbook, Ten Speed Press
The Twinkies Cookbook, 85th Anniversary Edition, Ten Speed Press
Contributing Blog Posts
Regular contributors! Here are just a couple examples.
Now Is the Time for Peach Pie, by Roxanne Wyss
Plus we served as ghost writers and recipe testers for several high profile cookbooks. We have contributed hundreds of recipes to major cookbooks and specialty publications on topics from vegetarian cooking, healthy soul food cooking, pasta, salads, cheesecakes, cupcakes, slow cooker dishes and more. Recipes range from quick (big flavor with limited time and ingredients) to restaurant quality, from simple to complex, from standard kitchen equipment to new cooking techniques and both baking and savory cooking.
For our corporate clients
Work with the Electrified Cooks, LLC™
The Electrified Cooks, LLC,™ is a team of creative food professionals and consultants who can work with you to achieve your goals!
• Unsurpassed experience and creativity
• Recipes that highlight your brand or product
• Clear, correct, tested and accurately written
• Test kitchen experience and accuracy
• We know food and cooking and can communicate it.
• Creative, captivating features
• Instructional and informative directions or product information
Company Events and Promotional Opportunities
• Spokesperson for media and public events. Media trained, with appearances on QVC, Home Shopping Network, Good Morning America and more.
• Planning special events, product presentation and public relations programs
• Creating, handling and judging recipe contests
Sponsored Posts and Brand Ambassadorship
• Open to opportunities for sponsored posts on Plugged Into Cooking
• Representing your brand or product on line, at conferences or at company events.
• Attending your events, press trips or events to share with our readers.
• Give aways, product introductions and special promotions, with social media support.
• We will fully disclose to our readers the nature of any promotional or sponsored partnership or post written to support a company or partner.
• On time, in budget and accurate
• Team work that supports your products and marketing goals.
• Confidential consulting
Please contact us so we can explore how we we can use our skills and background for your benefit.