Cheesecakes in the Instant Pot
Breaking news! Yes, it is true. You can bake the cheesecakes in your Instant Pot. Scroll down to the end of the page to see how to do this!
If you have read our blog for any time at all, you know that we met in the test kitchens at Rival®, the folks who introduced the Crock-Pot® slow cooker a million years ago. From the beginning, we knew the beauty of baking cakes and cheesecakes in the slow cooker. We literally baked hundreds of cakes in the slow cooker in the test kitchen. Now, when we teach cooking classes everyone is excited to learn how to make dinner but their enthusiasm soars over the moon when we serve dessert baked in the slow cooker.
The Electrified Cooks Slow Cooker Cake Mixes
Baking in a slow cooker? Yes, you read that right! Get ready for the most flavorful, moist cake you ever imagined. The slow, even heat of the slow cooker (aka Crock Pot) is perfect for baking these cakes. In about 2 to 3 hours on high you will have a scrumptious, evenly baked cake.
We sweetened the deal, and now offer the easiest, great tasting slow cooker cake mixes so you can easily bake the best cakes ever!
Choose from among five wonderful flavors!
Classic cheesecake, richly studded with carrots, topped with creamy, luscious cream cheese frosting.
Chocolate cookie crust, topped with a smooth and delicious cream cheese filling and topped with decadent chocolate ganache.
Dense, rich chocolate cake, frosted with chocolate icing.
Tip: Increase the butter to 6 tablespoons for an even thicker, more moist and fudgy Triple Chocolate Cake.
Creamy, lime-infused cheesecake in a crisp crust, topped with lime curd topping.
Moist, comforting banana bread, flavored with toffee and chocolate.
For each mix, you just add the fresh dairy—eggs, butter and the like—and the oil.
Size of the cake: Each mix bakes 1 (7-inch) round cake or 8 1/2-inch loaf cake. This size is absolutely ideal—with plenty of servings for your dinner or the dessert with coffee. It is perfect to take as a gift to friends and neighbors. Celebrate the sweet treat without dreading days of leftovers. Each cake will make 8 generous servings.
Where to Buy Them:
A variety of gift, kitchen and gourmet shops, especially in Missouri and Kansas, carry the mixes.
Remember, you can always place an order on-line and we will ship the mixes to you.
We often are at the stores giving tastes of the baked cakes. We will try to keep a list of upcoming events and tastings for the cakes on this site.
We are often exhibiting at shows. Come visit us. We would love to meet you.
If you have a question about where to purchase, the shows, or placing orders, please send us an email. We are happy to answer questions.
All of the mixes can be baked in either an 8½ x 4½-inch metal loaf pan or the 7-inch springform pan.
Round slow cooker? Choose a 7-inch springform pan. (The 7-inch springform pan fits in large 5, 6, or 7-quart round slow cookers.)
Oval slow cooker? Use either the 7-inch springform pan or the 8½ x 4½-inch metal loaf pan. (Both of the pans fit in large 6 or 7-quart oval slow cookers.)
Springform pans (7-inch) can be ordered through Amazon or ask at your local kitchen shop.
Line the pan with parchment paper, spray with nonstick spray, then fill with the batter. Do not cover the filled pan. Do not cover the pan.
Cheesecakes in loaf pans are cute and easy. Follow these tips.
Want some other recipes to bake in the 7-inch springform pan?
*Praline Pumpkin Cheesecake
Check that the pan you selected fits in your slow cooker before preparing the batter and filling the pan.
The Slow Cooker Method of Baking
Shape a sheet of aluminum foil, about 24 inches long, into a strip, then shape the strip into a ring. Place the aluminum foil ring in the bottom of a large (5, 6 or 7-quart) slow cooker (round or oval.) Place the filled pan on the foil ring.
Cover the slow cooker. Bake on the recommended setting (often high) according to the package directions, typically 2 to 3 hours. These mixes bake best in slow cookers that were purchased in the last 5 to 8 years or less. “Older” slow cookers are not as hot and the mixes may take longer to bake. The brand of the slow cooker does not matter.
- Bake for the time listed on the mix. Check the baking progress at the minimum time listed. If not done, put the cover back on and bake 15 to 30 minutes or until done.
- Refrigerate any leftover cheesecakes or the carrot cake with the cream cheese frosting. (We seriously doubt that you will have leftovers!) In fact, if you are serving a cheesecake, it should not set out at room temperature longer than 2 hours.
- These make wonderful holiday gifts, teacher gifts or the special answer for the person who has everything. We like to bake the cakes and wrap them in cellophane with lots of ribbon and share with our neighbors, family and friends. The list of possibilities goes on and on.
- The cakes are moist are freeze beautifully. Wrap the cooled, baked cake in plastic and place in a zip-top freezer bag or an airtight freezer container. Label and date, then freeze for up to 2 months. When ready to serve, thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- The Electrified Cooks Slow Cooker Cake Mixes are not gluten free and were blended in a manufacturing facility that processes nuts and dairy.
The new Slow Cooker Cake Mixes make it so easy for you, but do you want to make more desserts? Our newest cookbook, Slow Cooker Desserts, Oh So Easy, Oh So Delicious is now available for pre-order and is at your local bookstore.
Cheesecakes in the Instant Pot®
Both of the cheesecakes mixes, Key Lime Cheesecake or Classic Vanilla Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache, are ideal to make in your Instant Pot® pressure cooker. They are so easy to make and yet the results are creamy and wonderful.
Now the choice is yours! Bake cheesecakes in your slow cooker or pressure cooker!
1. Place the rack inside in the stainless steel inner pot.
2. Pour 1 cup water into the pot.
3. To make a sling, take a piece of aluminum foil about 18 inches long and fold it in thirds lengthwise, making a ribbon of foil. Shape the foil ribbon across the top of the rack and extend it up the sides of the pressure cooker. Fold the edges down a little so it does not interfere with the lid, but leave enough so that you can safely grip the foil to lift the cheesecake out.
5. Place the filled springform pan on top of the foil ribbon on the rack. Lock the cover in place. Turn the steam release handle to seal. Set the Instant Pot to cook on Manual, High Pressure for 25 minutes. When the time is up, allow to cool naturally for 10 minutes, then quickly release any remaining pressure.
Use caution as the cheesecake and steam will be very hot. Use the foil ribbon sling to carefully lift the cheesecake out of the pressure cooker.
Let the cheesecake cool, then refrigerate several hours or overnight. Top the cheesecake with the lime curd or chocolate ganache as the package recommends. Keep leftovers refrigerated.
Lifting the cover off the Instant Pot cover may cause moisture to collect on top of the cheesecake. One you lift the hot cheesecake out of the pressure cooker, use the tip of a paper towel or cloth to gently blot any collected moisture on top of the cheesecake.
When done the cheesecake will be softly set, but will firm as it cools.
Always store cheesecakes, no matter how you bake them, in the refrigerator.